Royal Voluntary Service's £5million COVID-19 Emergency Appeal
Help your local community and support the NHS during the coronavirus crisis
A vaccine is on its way, but right now we are facing the worst period of this crisis to date. The winter months are proving to be extremely difficult for everyone, particularly those needing to shield. We must step up now to support the most vulnerable in our communities and help the NHS deliver the large-scale vaccination programme safely and quickly to millions of people.
Right now, vulnerable people in our communities are at risk
We urgently need your help to raise £5million to continue to provide a lifeline to vulnerable people during this crisis. With the number of cases continuing to rise and the country back in lockdown, our services provide vital support to people in hospitals and in the community.
Every day we are carrying out 1 task every 19 seconds. This winter we will:
- Deliver essential food, toiletries and prescriptions to older and vulnerable people
- Transport people to medical appointments
- Support people returning home from hospital to help them to get back on their feet
- Make hundreds of thousands of calls offering companionship, support, and advice
- Make ‘garden-gate’ and ‘doorstep’ visits when safe to do so
- Offer a click-and-collect Home Library Service to alleviate the issues arising from isolation
- Address loneliness by delivering in-home activities through our Virtual Village Hall, helping to protect physical and mental health
- Help people to stay safe, warm, and well
We urgently need your help to deliver these essential life-saving services. We have proven through the rapid mobilisation of NHS Volunteer Responders what is possible to achieve, and we must continue to be there when our NHS and communities need help to recover.
Donate today and help us support vulnerable people across Great Britain. Thank you.
Give help. Give hope